Online Course for Victorian marine licence (boat) and PWC (jet ski) endorsement. These courses consist of online training followed by assessment over Zoom video conference.
Online Course – December 22, 2020 – 7:00 pm
Course: Victorian marine licence (boat) and PWC (jet ski) endorsement.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course we will post your certificate. You then need to take this certificate to VicRoads customer service centre and they will be issue you with your boating licence. No further testing is required.
Our online courses run as a 2-part process:
Training – this consists of several videos to be watched in your own time. You need to view these prior to your assessment, they can be watched at any time that suits you prior to your assessment (the videos will expire just prior to the beginning of your assessment). This takes approximately 3 hours.
Assessment – this is a live online session via Zoom. You will need to login at a scheduled assessment time where you will then have your identity confirmed. Your Trainer will go over some revision, and you will have a chance to ask questions. You will then complete the assessment under test conditions. This takes approximately 2hours.
December 22, 2020
Cost: $130 for Boat and PWC (jetski) or $90 for PWC only (you must already hold a boat licence). If you are 15 years old, and not yet turned 17, the cost to add the PWC to your boat licence is $50.
Payment method: Online courses are pre-paid only at the time of booking through PayPal using your credit card or existing account- you do not need to have a PayPal account.
All ages 12 years and upward
No prior knowledge, study or experience necessary (you may attend the course from 11 years old, however you will only be able to cash the certificate in at VicRoads once you turn 12).
*You must be 16 years old to obtain the PWC endorsement and at least 15 to sit the PWC testing
Safety Duties, Licensing and Registration, Vessel Preparation, Safety Equipment, Trip Preparation, Safe Operations, Towed Watersports, Personal Watercraft, Operating Rules, Aids to Navigation, Vessel Lights, Day Shapes and Sound Signals.
Prior to enrolling in this online training, make sure you have the following:
- Reasonable computer knowledge
- Have at least two devices that at are connected to the internet. One mobile phone, tablet, laptop or PC with a camera, speaker and microphone for communicating via “Zoom” (online meeting program), and a second electronic device with internet.
- You must provide a current email address and mobile phone number.
- Download ‘Zoom’ and familiarise yourself with it prior to the testing date.
- Have the identification required to enrol in this training & testing. This needs to be uploaded to our enrolment link, your enrolment form must be submitted at least 48 hours before your assessment time.
- Are eligible for training (eligibility for enrolment hyperlink).
- Have a good understanding of English, both written and verbal.
Ensure you have enough time to watch all of the video content (approximately 3 hours) prior to the date you have booked in for the testing. The date you book for is the date you will be tested. (Allow approximately 1.5 hours for the testing. This will allow for checking identity documents, revision, question & answer session, and then the testing itself.)
Book and pay for the course.
Complete the Evidence Of Identity form
Complete the Victorian Marine Licence Course by watching all videos
Attend the online revision and testing via Zoom on the date you have booked.
NOTE: You’ll be automatically logged in after completing the booking. If you wish to register other people, you’ll need to log out and use a different email for each new participant.