Online marine licence training
Adam’s Boat Course now offer an online version of our course (including assessment) for the compulsory Victorian marine licence (boat) and Personal Watercraft (PWC/Jetski) endorsement. $130 to complete training for both. Bookings Essential. Catering to all ages 12 years and upward. No prior knowledge, study or experience necessary.
Adam’s Boat Course run regular marine licence training courses online
Prior to enrolling in this online training, make sure you have the following:
- Reasonable computer knowledge
- Have at least two devices that at are connected to the internet. One mobile phone, tablet, laptop or PC with a camera, speaker and microphone for communicating via “Zoom” (online meeting program), and a second electronic device with internet.
- You must provide a current email address and mobile phone number.
- Download ‘Zoom’ and familiarise yourself with it prior to the testing date.
- Have the identification required to enrol in this training & testing. This needs to be uploaded to our enrolment link, your enrolment form must be submitted at least 48 hours before your assessment time.
- Are eligible for training (eligibility for enrolment hyperlink).
- Have a good understanding of English, both written and verbal.
The course is run as a 2-part process:
- Training– this consists of several videos to be watched in your own time. You need to view these prior to your assessment, they can be watched at any time that suits you prior to your assessment (the videos will expire just prior to the beginning of your assessment). This takes approximately 3 hours.
- Assessment– this is a live online session via Zoom. You will need to login at a scheduled assessment time where you will then have your identity confirmed. Your Trainer will go over some revision, and you will have a chance to ask questions. You will then complete the assessment under test conditions. This takes approximately 1.5hours.
Ensure you have enough time to watch all of the video content (approximately 3 hours) prior to the date you have booked in for the testing. The date you book for is the date you will be tested. (Allow approximately 1.5 hours for the testing. This will allow for checking identity documents, revision, question & answer session, and then the testing itself.)
Welcome to Adam’s Boat Course
Adam’s Boat Course offer a 4 hour course (including assessment) for the compulsory Victorian marine licence (boat) and PWC (jet ski) endorsement. Catering to all ages 12 years and upward. No prior knowledge, study or experience necessary.
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 41236) approved by Transport Safety Victoria and comply with all National Training Standards.
Our trainers are experienced & professional & will guide you through the course in a relaxed environment.
We offer courses all around Victoria: Ferntree Gully, Ringwood, Wantirna, Berwick, Rosebud, Mornington, Sale, Warragul, Orbost, Morwell, Churchill, Traralgon, Gippsland, Mildura, Wodonga, Frankston, Bairnsdale, Geelong, Bellarine and the Surf Coast. Other areas are available on request. Click here to get in touch.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course you will receive a certificate. You then need to take this certificate to a VicRoads customer service centre; show your identification, pay the licence fees, complete an eye test and have your photo taken- you will then be issued with a boat licence. No further testing is required.
Adam’s Boat Course and Clever Training are part of a family run Registered Training Organisation (RTO) based in Melbourne’s East (RTO No: 41236, ABN 86 626 429 652). As well as Marine Licence Training we offer short courses in Mums & Bubs First Aid, nationally accredited Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and First Aid.
Our Marine Licence training is run by great trainers who are experienced recreational boaters, with courses run at many locations throughout Victoria.
We are passionate about training and select only the best trainers who share our ideals to provide training in a friendly and fun atmosphere.
So come on board (pun intended) and let us make your training experience a great one!
We pride ourselves on providing a training experience that has a good atmosphere with friendly, knowledgeable and supportive trainers.
Maritime Safety rules state that we can’t guarantee that you’ll pass the test. What we can guarantee, however, is that you’ll never have to pay again to attend another course as long as you have completed the course and passed within 12 months of the original course attended). At Adam’s Boat Course, you can attend further courses until you pass with flying colours – completely free of charge! (for online or hybrid courses you must have completed the online training videos prior to the course date to take advantage of this guarantee)
If you have a group of 10 or more friends who want to obtain their Marine Licence & / or PWC endorsement please give us a call.
All we require is a suitable training venue with power, seating and toilet facilities, we’ll do the rest. (The venue must be a commercial premises. Private addresses are not allowed by Maritime Safety Victoria. )
If you arrange a group of 10 people or more participants (including yourself) to attend a scheduled course at one of our existing venues, you as the organiser will be free.
Adam’s Boat Course caters for persons with special learning needs.
Out trainers are experienced & professional & will guide you through the course in a relaxed environment.
To attend a course participants need a reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy and a good understanding of the English language.
Please get in touch to discuss your learning needs prior to attending a course.
Gift certificates are available on request.
Our courses cost $130 for both the Victorian marine licence (boat) and PWC (jet ski) endorsement.
We cater to all ages 12 years and upward.
The main focus of our Marine Licence Trainers is the safety of our students, instilling the knowledge required to take a boat out on the water and to ensure you return home safely.
Safety Duties, Licensing and Registration, Vessel Preparation, Safety Equipment, Trip Preparation, Safe Operations, Towed Watersports, Personal Watercraft, Operating Rules, Aids to Navigation, Vessel Lights, Day Shapes and Sound Signals.